Friday 8 April 2011

Humour & Odour

I have always liked to see people smile. I love humour, not the kind that a lot of stand up comics do today with all the swearing and sexual stuff referred to and even, jokes? about infirmity.
   Not for me. I am a simple man and like simple, kind, clean, humour.
As I have got older I've found that I can `get away` with a lot more. If people `don't get it`, they look at me as if I am demented. Does not matter because most times I put a smile on some ones face.
   Years ago when babies had dry, tinned food the tin had printed on the bottom, `Open other end`. On the other end,(the top) it said, `Keep Lid tightly Closed`.--------so?
   I was reminded of this when I took an old lady to a day centre. As I got to the door there was a large sign on it saying,`Keep door closed at all times`. A young chap was up a ladder at the side of the door fixing a light so I called out," Excuse me, how do I get in?" He answered of course," just go through the door". I said, "--- but it says, Keep door closed at all times". " no, no, just go in". Me, " but it says------" Then thought,` some falls on stony ground `and gave up.
   Some years ago I saw the following. The difference between HUMOUR and ODOUR!  Humour is a shaft of wit, and Odour is a waft of sh--.    So if I post something that I think is funny, you can comment on it with one of two words, SHAFT or WAFT.
   Hope snippets like this raise a few smiles.
  Roy

2 comments:

  1. your stories are lovely, i look forward to reading your dispatches! thank you for sharing your thoughts and memories. to read them has certainly provided me with good enjoymentand fun that IS a bit lacking these days, gail

    ReplyDelete